Tuesday, November 16, 2010

On My Radar (Tuesday Edition)



Looking back, I have always liked non-fiction. It's not a new thing for me.

It is my oft-stated desire for this blog to promote books that would otherwise be mostly lost in the shuffle of new releases. I don't have a problem with the way bookstores and publishers promote books -- neither can afford to actively promote every book. The sadness for me is how many good books may never get an opportunity to be found. While researching new books for this week's blog entries, there is one book that I really wanted to publicize.

Out this week from UNO Press (Univ. of New Orleans) is GREEN FIELDS: Crime, Punishment & A Boyhood Between by Bob Cowser, Jr. In a nutshell, the cover of the book describes itself this way:

"An examination of the 1979 murder in rural Tennessee of the author's classmate, Cary Ann Medlin, and the trial and execution of Robert Glen Coe that followed twenty years later."

But, if you want a better description, read this page on the author's website here.

I haven't bought and read the book yet, but I want to. Odds are it's shelved spine-out in section.

Such is the plight of your intrepid non-fiction book finder.

No comments:

Post a Comment