Monday, November 15, 2010

On My Radar (Monday Edition)



On My Radar is my attempt to point out new non-fiction books that catch my eye.

I love love love memoirs. I love them the way I like movies: they need to scare me, educate me, or make me laugh my face off.

I have a feeling I have found one of the latter. Out in paperback this week from Harper Collins is I SHUDDER: And Other Reactions to Life, Death and New Jersey by Paul Rudnick. Life is crazy sometimes but some people are better at pointing it out than others. I thoroughly enjoy reading anecdotes from funny people.

From the publisher website:

I Shudder is a side-splittingly funny collection of essays from Paul Rudnick, one of America’s preeminent humorists. Rudnick, who writes for The New Yorker and has written the screenplays for the films In and Out, Sister Act, and Addams Family Values, shares his hilarious observations on life in New York City and New Jersey, the perils of show business, and dealing with one’s family, however crazy they may be. As David Sedaris says, “There’s no book wiser or half as funny as I Shudder.

Rudnick is a playwright, screenwriter (In & Out, Sister Act) and novelist.

No comments:

Post a Comment