Thursday, April 29, 2010

On My Radar


Today's On My Radar is LIFE WOULD BE PERFECT IF I LIVED IN THAT HOUSE by Meghan Daum. They say don't judge a book by its cover, but, after many years in book retail I can tell you that people do. We all do. Book titles also grab us and I am not ashamed to say a book with a cute title will get my attention every time.

I used to change the furniture around in my bedroom several times a year. I would get bored with the layout and try to find the perfect way to display all my stuff. I didn't know about feng shui. I didn't know what I was doing was called "interior decorating." And I certainly didn't know all the jokes about guys who liked it.

But this book is about the house...not a home, the actual physical house. To be more precise: the perfect house. The ideal of it, the search for it and the dream of it making you whole.

I have never read Ms. Daum, but I just went to her website and subscribed to her column.

I want to read her book.

--------

http://www.meghandaum.com

http://www.randomhouse.com

No comments:

Post a Comment