Friday, April 30, 2010

On My Radar - Friday Edition


Even though I live in Nashville, the home of country music, I am not a huge country music fan. Like everyone, I have my own personal taste in music. The country music that I like tends to be either old school George Jones or Merle Haggard, or more contemporary folk-country like Nanci Griffith or Todd Snider. But I try to take each performer on their own merits.

To be honest, I haven't heard that much of the music of Chely Wright but I know of her. In reading the publicity about the book, she sounds like someone I'd like to read about:

In her memoirs, titled 'Like Me,' Chely traces her musical journey back to her childhood in Kansas. She chronicles her dreams and aspirations of a career in music, and the harsh realities of recording contracts and concert tours. Chely shares stories from her seven trips overseas to perform for U.S. troops, as well from as her friendships with stars like Vince Gill and Brad Paisley.

I think I'd like to read this book.

------

http://chely.com/

http://www.randomhouse.com

No comments:

Post a Comment