Monday, June 1, 2009

Storm Polished Pearl



I just finished A Pearl in the Storm: How I Found My Heart in the Middle of the Ocean by Tori Murden McClure (Harper Collins). If you like books wherein the protagonist ask you to tag along as they find themselves, then you will love this book. I enjoyed the journey with Ms. McClure; the one in the Atlantic Ocean and otherwise.

Tori McClure always felt she had to protect others and continuously pushed herself to experience life in hostile locations. This seems to be a metaphor for her journey from an embattled childhood to an impressively learned adulthood. Weaving literary allusions with real-life action, she tells her tale with the same drive she has applied to her life outside the boat.

I just have one thing I'd like to say to her. Tori, you never lost your heart.

1 comment:

  1. A Pearl in the Storm was a fabulous book! I was fortunate enough to hear Tori Murden McClure speak at a Smith College reunion luncheon and she is an incredible woman with an amazing sotry to tell.

    ReplyDelete