Sunday, November 28, 2021

On My Radar:

 A Change for BookSpin


by BookDude



Before my previous Twitter account was cancel cultured by Jack, I had a decent following for a part-time book blogger.  I never fooled myself into believing I was any kind of influencer, I merely hoped that readers sometimes found out about books from my humble little blog.


I was very political on my Twitter feed and that had its benefits and its pitfalls.  Some people followed me for my political views, but I probably lost some book people along the way.  When Twitter suspended my account, all that work was for naught in the end.

It took me awhile to feel like book blogging again.  I missed it.  I remembered I had created a backup account in case my primary one was suspended.  (It took me longer than it should have to remember the old account, though.)  Even though I am not the typical blogger, I am nothing but persistent. I don't have time to review much...I work 70 hours a week and am the caregiver for my 83-year-old mother.  However, I post well over 300 books a year consistently.

I know that my political (and sometime use of profanity) has cost me following from publishers.  I wish I could change that, but I have never begged for followers in my life, and will not start now.


Having said all of that, I am in the process of scrubbing my "new" account of all the non-book tweets.   This account will now be "all books, all the time," as stated in my Twitter bio.


I appreciate the friends I have made along the way.   Please rest assured that my political views have not changed.  However, over time I realized I was getting weary of hearing everyone else's opinions all the time, and it would be hypocritical of me to continue posting my own.


All the best,

Tim


No comments:

Post a Comment