Sunday, December 21, 2014

BookSpin Mission Statement

  Another year has come and gone and I consider 2014 a good year because I read a lot of good books. I know you probably gauge your days/years the same way.  I appreciate all of you who visit my blog and therefore put up with my silliness.

  My goal with BookSpin is a simple one. I was a bookstore manager for many years and discovered that I very much enjoy talking to people about books that I like or, even better, letting customers tell me about their favorite books and why they like them.  Book people are my people.

  When you see "In My TBR Stack," it means, of course, that I already own the book and intend to read it.  On the other hand, "On My Radar," means I would like to read the book in question.  I do my best to try and publicize books near their street date.  If you see me use some variation of "In Stores Now," or "Now Available," it means the book has been out for a while.

  I wish I had time and the talent to review every book that I want to, but, like you, I have dozens of books in my TBR stack.

  I cover nonfiction almost exclusively on this blog, although my tumblr (http://bookspin.tumblr.com)  does cover fiction and other genres.  One of the dirty little secrets of BookSpin is that  I will promote nearly any book that is sent to me by writers/publishers/agents etc.  No offense to anyone, but I tend to not cover religious books.

On that note, let me take a moment to thank all the wonderful book people that I network with on a nearly daily basiss -- these people are great at their jobs and work tirelessly to put books in front of you.

I am always trying to improve my blog(s), so please do not hesitate to email me (my email can be found in the upper right hand corner of this page).  The tumblr has undergone many changes as I try to find the best way to show books to you.  I appreciate all the kind words that I get about both blogs, but any helpful suggestions would be welcome as well.

Thank you all for a wonderful 2014 and I look forward to talking about books with you in 2015 and beyond.

Tim aka BookDude

No comments:

Post a Comment