Tuesday, June 5, 2012

What I'm Reading Now

Like many of you, I struggle to find more time for reading.  And, ironically, I have less time to read when I'm working in a bookstore than when I'm not.

One of the books I've been working through is North of Hollywood by Rick Lenz.   According to his bio, Lenz has been a working actor for most of his adult life.  When you see his author picture, you will most likely recognize his face.

Most likely since he never achieved superstar status in Hollywood, Lenz seems to write with more honesty and introspection than most actor memoirs.  He bounces back and forth between funny and serious (comedy & drama?) with equal skill.  It is an insider Hollywood story from a unique perspective and entertaining like a late-night movie that turns out to be well-done.

If you like insider Hollywood memoirs, you will no doubt enjoy this tale of the acting life.

North of Hollywood
by Rick Lenz
Chromodroid Press
Hardcover

http://www.ricklenzauthor.com

No comments:

Post a Comment