Friday, June 17, 2011

On My Radar (Friday Edition)

Governor's Travels: How I Left Politics, Learned to Back Up a Bus, and Found America
by Angus King
Down East
Trade Paperback

From the publisher website:
After two terms as Governor, Angus King, along with his wife and children, packed into an RV and set out on a five-and-a-half-month journey to circumnavigate the United States. Governor’s Travels describes the places they went and the people they met. Interspersed with the travelogue, Governor King reflects on the transition from public office to private life and includes helpful information about selecting the right RV, a daily pre-drive checklist, and tips for handling a vehicle that large on the road.

I have requested a review copy; you guys know I am a sucker for "on-the-road" books.  I plan on someday making my own 48-state trek, so we'll see if I can learn anything from Governor King's exploits.

No comments:

Post a Comment