Monday, December 13, 2010

New Non-Fiction This Week


Every week I sift through hundreds of new releases to find the non-fiction titles that interest me. I will mention the big titles, of course, but I try and find the books that fly somewhat under the radar. The books that aren't placed on the big tables in the front of the chain stores need some love too. In that spirit, I'm listing some titles that grabbed my attention this week. And, because I'm feeling a little snarky today, I'll poke fun at the subject matter or even the title of the book.

New this week:

Badass LEGO Guns by Martin Hudepohl (No Starch Press) O.k., wtf?

The Everything Sex Signs Book: Astrology Between the Sheets by Constance Stellas (Adams Media) As long as that sign isn't "Stop" or "Construction Zone," we're good.

It's Not Him, It's You by Laura Berman (DK Publishing) Or maybe it's that other guy.

WTF? Women: How to Survive 101 of the Worst F*#!-ing Situations with the Ladies by Gregory Bergman and Jodi Miller (Adams Media) I am trying to get a co-author credit on this one....

What Caused the Financial Crisis edited by Jeffrey Friedman (Univ. of PA Press) Yet another George W. Bush biography.

How to Sell Anything to Anyone Anytime by Dave Kahle (Career Press) I think I'll request a reader's copy.

A Mathematical Look at Politics by E. Arthur Robinson, Jr. & Daniel H. Ullman (CRC Press) Sleep aid.

The 60-Minute Money Workout by Ellie Kay (Random House/Doubleday) Buy this book and your wallet will already feel slimmer.

These are all actual books. I couldn't have made them up if I had tried. No offense to authors, publishers or cute puppies is intended. Feelings may be another matter, however.

No comments:

Post a Comment