Friday, November 5, 2010

On My Radar (Friday Edition)




I'm not sure exactly why it is that I love reading about the current financial crisis anytime someone puts out a new book on it. I think it may be because I enjoy when hubris meets failure. I'm not happy about the trickle down effect of their actions but I am glad when they get theirs.

New from Crown Business is CRASH OF THE TITANS: Greed, Hubris, the Fall of Merrill Lynch, and the Near Collapse of Bank of America by Greg Farrell.

As someone who ran small businesses for over 20 years, I know it can be done ethically. But like anything, the larger it gets the more it can grow out of control. We've all been outraged by the actions of the "too big to fail" financial institutions. However, some of them did fail, or were absorbed into other stronger companies (or companies who were allowed to use taxpayer money to purchase them!).

I know I'm angry; books like this help me focus the anger on the right people.

Book Website


Publisher Website

No comments:

Post a Comment